Chilli + Lime Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Looking for some weekend food inspo? Enter: these chilli and lime loaded sweet potatoes.
This recipe is a fresh spin on classic meat and vege, and makes a perfectly nutritious lunch or dinner – especially if you’re after a carb refeed!
When prepped ahead of time, these loaded sweet potatoes also make fantastic on-the-go lunches for the work/ school week.
Let’s get to it!
To serve 4:
- 4 small-medium sweet potatoes
- 500g good quality mince (beef, chicken or lamb)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil / ghee
- 1/2 a red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- handful of cherry tomatoes / 1 – 2 regular tomatoes
- 2 large red chillies
- 1/2 lime
- handful of fresh coriander
- salt & pepper to taste
Optional, to garnish:
- 1 large red chilli
- another handful of fresh coriander
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC (fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place your sweet potatoes on the tray and put in the oven. Depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, it should take between 30 and 45 minutes for them to cook through
- While the potatoes are in the oven, prepare the ingredients for the mince filling by roughly chopping the onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, chillies and coriander
- In a large pan, add a tablespoon of coconut oil (or your preferred cooking fat) and bring to a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes until they are soft and the onion is translucent
- Add the mince and continue to stir until the mince is cooked through
- Once the mince is cooked, add the tomatoes and chilli, the juice of half a lime, and salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander is best added to the mince just before you’re ready to eat, so check your sweet potatoes (with a fork is best) and if they’re nearly ready to go – pop the coriander in!
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, take them out of the oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes before cutting them open on your plate
- Pile your potatoes full of the chilli-lime mince, and garnish with chopped chilli and coriander…then, dig in!!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe – let us know if you try it!
Get access to a printable copy of our Chilli + Lime Loaded Sweet Potatoes to add to your collection!