Coconut + Mango Popsicles (Dairy & Refined Sugar Free!)
Ice-creams, ice-blocks… popsicles? Whatever you like to call them, they’re the perfect hot weather treat to make at home!
Now… as you’d expect, store-bought popsicles are most often loaded with sugar and contain cow’s milk. But if you pick up a good popsicle mould (we love ours from Onyx) it’s easy to make your own healthy indulgence that tastes just as good.
This recipe calls for simple ingredients, for popsicles that are both dairy + refined sugar free. In fact, they’re 100% paleo! The coconut and mango combination is our favourite, however when it comes to fruit flavour combos the sky’s the limit! So get creative!
(Makes 6 serves)
For the mango top:
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
For the base:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a blender or food processor, blend the frozen mango and 1/2 cup coconut milk until smooth.
- Spoon into the moulds, and work quickly to avoid melting (this will ensure nice separation between the two layers).
- Rinse out the blender / food processor, and add the 3/4 cup coconut milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste and 1 tbsp honey.
- Blend well and then pour into the moulds gently.
- Pop the moulds into the freezer, and leave for 8 hours (if you can wait that long!). Enjoy!
Click to download our Coconut + Mango Popsicles Recipe Card (plus get access to our library of healthy recipes).