Creamy Chicken Salad (GF, DF)
Looking for healthy lunch inspiration?
Today we’re sharing our Creamy Chicken Salad recipe! This is our favourite kind of lunch… heaped with healthy fats to fuel the afternoon, along with a good boost of protein + greens. It checks all the boxes!
The star of this salad is the garlic aioli dressing, which pairs so well with avocado for a deliciously creamy salad. It just goes to show, you need not add dairy to achieve a yummy creamy consistency!
By the way… this is just ONE of the healthy recipes that appears inside our new paleo lunches ebook, Easy Paleo Meal Prep 😉
Inside the ebook, you’ll find 20+ paleo lunch recipes to suit every occassion and mood. If you want to learn more about the ebook, head to the Shop section of our site or just click here.
Now, on with the recipe!
To serve 1
- 2 free range chicken thighs
- 2 cups leafy greens
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1-2 radishes
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 free range egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- forkful sauerkraut
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Bring a pan to medium heat, add coconut oil and cook the chicken thighs for a few minutes on each side. Allow to cool before slicing.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, finely slice the radishes and cut the avocado into segments.
- Assemble the salad with leafy greens on the bottom, topped with the grilled chicken, tomato, radishes and avocado.
- To make the dressing, into a food processor add 1 free range egg yolk, the minced garlic clove, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Pulse for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add the olive oil to the food processor while it’s still running. Process until thick and smooth. If it becomes too thick, add a little water.
- Dress the salad with your creamy dressing + top with sauerkraut!
Looking for more Paleo lunch recipes?
We have you covered! Inside our recipe ebook, Easy Paleo Meal Prep, we share 20+ delicious gluten + dairy free lunches for every mood and schedule!