Festive Treats: Paleo Bliss Ball Recipe
It’s that time of year again and party season is upon us! Whether you’re planning some christmas day treats or just craving a little holiday indulgence, one thing’s for sure – you can’t go past bliss balls! These bliss balls are a paleo favourite, being gluten-free, dairy-free and guilt free.
If you’re a fan of traditional rum balls (once our holiday staple!) you could always add a dash. Of course, rum is probably not 100% paleo – but hey, it’s the holidays! 😉
The recipe below can easily be adapted, think of it as a template. There are so many different things you could add – cacao powder, rum, buckinis, dried fruit (if you dig apricot), cacao nibs, raisins… Get creative!
Related: Paleo Treats | Gut Healing Gummies
- 8 Medjool Dates
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Raw Cashews
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut (+ 1/2 cup or so for rolling!)
- 2-3 tbsp Chia Seed
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Optional: Cacao powder, rum
- Pit your dates and process them in a food processor until smooth.
- Into the food processor, add the banana, cashews, coconut, chia seed and coconut oil (and cacao powder and rum if you choose!).
- Process until the cashews have broken down into a crumb, and the consistency is sticky but not wet. If you find it’s too wet – add more cashews and coconut. If it’s too dry, try some more coconut oil, banana or even water.
- Roll mixture into balls and coat with desiccated coconut.
- Refrigerate overnight to firm them up.
- Enjoy guilt-free with family and friends – Merry Christmas! 🙂
Get access to a printable copy of our paleo bliss ball recipe to add to your collection!