Staying Hydrated: Switch to a Glass Water Bottle!
I’m loving glass water bottles these days!
You’ve probably heard that Bisphenol A (BPA) is the big one to watch out for when it comes to drinking from plastic. Call me paranoid, but even the BPA-free plastics give me the heebie-jeebies, with research floating around to suggest that these plastics also release chemicals with the potential to mimic oestrogen activity.
Related: Glass Straws: Ditch the Plastic!
Here are a few reasons to try a glass water bottle:
- Taste: I’m surprised how much better my water tastes (even better with a slice of lemon!). Absolutely no plastic-y or metallic-like taste which I’ve always found with my old plastic and stainless steel bottles
- Hygiene: The glass is very hygienic as it’s super easy to clean
- Smash-safe: No need to worry about smashing – the soft plastic sleeve makes these bottles easy to grip and safe from knocks
- Environment: More eco-friendly, as the glass bottle is all recyclable
- Happy-factor: These pretty glass bottles remind me to keep drinking throughout the day, and make lovely workout companions at the gym! The small glass bottle from Lifefactory (above) is also great for the handbag.
Of course, thing I love most about drinking from a glass water bottle is that I can rest assured there are no chemicals leaching their way into my drink!
Do you have any favourite glass products?