Paleo Aioli Recipe (GF, DF)
It’s hardly a secret, but it’s gotta be said. We love a good garlic aioli around here!
Perfect for dipping, dressing and licking off the spoon… aioli is a major flavour upgrade to almost any meal.
If you’re a regular fan of condiments, it’s worth mastering homemade aioli for more than just the taste – you’ll be doing your health a favour, too. 😉 By skipping the store-bought stuff, you’ll be avoiding their cheap hydrogenated oils (think: canola, sunflower and soybean oils), sugar, artificial flavours and preservatives.
In this recipe, we opt for a good quality + delicately flavoured extra virgin olive oil – so you needn’t worry about health damaging fats. Raw garlic packs a punch for flavour and supporting gut health. Aaaand for double the health points, go for egg yolks from pastured free range hens!
For tools, we recommend using a trusty food processor like our Magimix, and using the smallest bowl for this recipe quantity (which yields approx 1 pint sized mason jar).
- 4 free range egg yolks
- 4 – 6 garlic cloves (your preference!)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 300ml extra virgin olive oil (delicate flavour)
- Salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Into your food processor, add the egg yolks, peeled and chopped garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and dijon mustard.
- Process for about 30 seconds, until the mixture emulsifies and starts to thicken.
- Continue processing, while adding the olive oil gradually. If the aioli becomes too thick, add a little water.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Keep in the fridge to enjoy for up to 5 days!
Click to download our Paleo Aioli Recipe Card (plus get access to our library of healthy recipes).