Paleo Collagen Slice | Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto Snack!
Stuck for healthy snack ideas? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
When it comes to sustaining a healthy lifestyle, it’s important to have some healthy snack options on hand that keep you feeling satisfied (both physically… AND mentally!). For us, that means a snack that contains fat + protein, and that’s also relatively low in sugar and carbs. We find that this combo helps us to dodge blood sugar swings and keeps our energy levels stable throughout the day.
So today we’re excited to share our Paleo Collagen Slice recipe! This recipe is seriously ticking all our boxes: it’s low in sugar and high in healthy fats + protein… plus it tastes like cookie dough (need I say more?). Other healthy benefits of this slice include:
- Collagen peptides: This recipe calls for collagen peptides, which are high in protein and specific amino acids (glycine, proline) that support gut health. Many people also report healthier nails, skin and hair after adding collagen peptides to their diet.
- Prebiotic fibre: Inulin is also used in this recipe as a source of prebiotic fibre. This is the type of fibre that feeds beneficial bacteria in the gut + helps them to thrive!
All in all, we’re calling this recipe a winner. However, it is worth mentioning that you can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less stevia depending on your taste. For a different spin, you could also add cacao powder + sugar free chocolate for a more fudgey snack… the possibilities are endless! ?
- 4 tbsp collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup macadamia butter
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp inulin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Line a small baking tray or cake tin, and add the mixture. Spread evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Set aside in the fridge for 2 – 3 hours, or until set.
- Slice into bite-sized pieces and enjoy! To ensure your slice keeps its shape, store in the fridge.