Paleo Hazelnut Chocolate Tart | 11 Ingredients!
Looking for a healthy dessert to light up your next dinner party? Well, we have just the recipe for you!
Today we’re excited to share our Hazelnut Chocolate Paleo Tart recipe! This tart is made with a crispy hazelnut base and filled with a rich chocolate ganache. It’s SUPER decadent so we love to top ours with fresh raspberries, which provide a subtle tartness that cuts through the richness of the chocolate. This one’s sure to please your party guests!
And the best part? Nobody will guess that it’s actually healthy 😉
As always, this recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free (so you can skip the sugar crash!). And for all of our friends with allergies or food sensitivities, you’ll be happy to know this one is also egg-free and almond-free!
Now… onto the recipe!
Watch how we make this dessert at home, or follow the instructions posted below. This recipe only uses 11 ingredients and we promise it’s super easy to follow!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 100g dark chocolate (we use 90% Lindt chocolate)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp stevia or erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- pinch of salt
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
Other equipment: A 25cm tart pan with a loose base, a small saucepan, a metal mixing bowl and spatula.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F fan forced.
- Prepare the crust by mixing together the hazelnut flour, tapioca flour and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Then add the liquid coconut oil and honey and combine well using your hands to work the mixture.
- Grease your tart pan with a little coconut oil. Then use your hands to press the mixture into the pan to form the crust. Make sure that the mix is even across the base and that it fills the scalloped edges of the pan.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the crust browns and becomes crisp. Remove and allow to cool in the pan.
- Prepare the filling by combing the chocolate, cacao, coconut cream, stevia, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan. Warm on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate has completely melted. Use a spatula to break down any lumps.
- Once you have a smooth consistency, remove from the heat. Then quickly pour the chocolate filling into the crust.
- Decorate the edges by pressing fresh raspberries into the chocolate filling.
- Refrigerate in the pan for 1-2 hours, or until the filling has set.
- Once the filling has fully set, remove from the fridge. Carefully remove from the tart pan and place on a serving dish.
- Slice and enjoy! xx