Post Workout Smoothie Bowl
Need an excuse to enjoy your favourite smoothie bowl? Post-workout is our favourite time to load up on healthy carbs – be that from whole fruit or in the form of this wickedly pink smoothie bowl.
Besides looking (and tasting!) amazing, this smoothie combines carbs and protein to support muscle growth and repair, making it a perfect treat for refuelling after an intense sweat session.
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 Cubes Frozen Dragonfruit (Or strawberries/ raspberries)
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder. We like this Whey Protein Isolate from True Protein (if you tolerate dairy) or alternatively you could use Pea Protein Isolate (non-dairy)
- 3 Ice cubes
- 1/4 Cup Chilled water
- Toppings: Coconut flakes, chopped almonds, chia seeds, berries
How to Make It:
- Into your blender, add the banana, dragon fruit and water. Make sure to break apart the frozen banana into smaller chunks so that it can be processed more easily by the blender.
- Blend! Once smooth, add your protein powder and the ice cubes. Again, process until it reaches a smooth but thick, ice-cream like consistency. If you’re having trouble blending (or it gets jammed!), add in a touch more water until it gets going again.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl, and add all your favourite toppings! Some of our favourites are coconut flakes, berries, chopped almonds and chia seeds for some crunch!