Special Recipe: Prebiotic Pancakes (GF, DF)
We don’t know about you…
But pancakes are one of our all time favourite treats, especially on the weekend!
And today we’re sharing a special recipe.
Honestly, the best paleo pancakes we’ve made so far.
These guys are fluffy, light AND they come with a twist: they’re also packed with prebiotic fibre (in the form of inulin powder) which feed healthy gut bacteria!
Supporting gut health is our #1 when it comes to looking after our physical wellbeing. So naturally these prebiotic pancakes have become one of our go-to weekend breakfasts to promote naturally clear skin, healthy weight + energy!
We also wanted to mention that this recipe is also a sneak peek into our Get Glowing Recipe ebook, which you receive when you join Get Glowing Online – our new gut health course.
We’ve gotta say it…
We’re really excited about the recipes + meal plans that we’ve prepared for you inside Get Glowing Online! After all, who said that gut healing had to be boring?
To learn more about Get Glowing Online, click here.
Important tip: If you haven’t tried inulin powders before, you can find them online or in your health food store. They can take a little time to adjust to, as they provide major food for our gut bacteria! So in order to avoid unwanted gut symptoms (e.g. bloating) we recommend working your way up to 1 tbsp slowly – e.g. starting with just 1/4 tsp for your first batch!
Also note that we include green banana flour in this recipe, which is a form of resistant starch. However, once cooked this type of resistant starch (RS2) is in fact destroyed… so unfortunately it doesn’t add to the prebiotic benefits of our pancakes.
BUT the reason we still add green banana flour to this recipe is for the delicious flavour + fluffiness it lends to the pancakes. It certainly takes them up a level, so do try it!
Now… on to the recipe!
Serves 1 – makes 3 large pancakes
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 – 2 tbsp coconut OR almond milk
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tbsp collagen peptides
- 1 tbsp inulin powder
- 1 heaped tbsp green banana flour OR tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp stevia powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for cooking
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond meal, collagen peptides, inulin powder, green banana flour / tapioca starch, stevia and baking powder
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla bean paste
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and combine well
- Gradually add the coconut / almond milk to the batter, keeping an eye on the consistency. The mixture should be fairly runny, however not too thin or watery
- Heat a pan to a medium heat, and add coconut oil
- Cook your pancakes for 1 – 2 minutes per side. When bubbles begin forming on the top, it’s time to flip!
- Enjoy with your favourite toppings, such as fresh berries, coconut yoghurt and raw honey
True Health + Beauty Starts in the Gut
Get Glowing Online is an online course designed to guide you step-by-step through the diet + lifestyle changes that support inner health.
In other words… naturally glowing skin, balanced weight and vibrant health!
Click here to learn more about Get Glowing Online.