The Roundup: Food, Natural Beauty + Lifestyle Favourites
Want the scoop on our latest natural beauty, food and lifestyle favourites? High time we spread the word! Since we’re always discovering new products and ideas, our favourites roundup is something we’ll be sharing here regularly.
So without further adieu, here are our best in food, natural beauty and lifestyle right now:
- Let’s talk snacks. This past month we discovered Paleo Bars by Blue Dinosaur, and they’ve quickly become a handbag essential. The ingredients are few (can be counted on one hand!), super clean and high in healthy fats to keep you going. These bars are perfect for out and about, when no healthy meal options are in sight! Favourite flavour? Mac & Lemon – it’s like a slice of lemon cake, so good! FYI, some of the bars are based on nuts and others are actually nut-free (using coconut instead), which is great for those avoiding nuts on a diet such as the paleo autoimmune protocol (AIP).
- Glass water bottle find: While not technically a food, we’re long-time fans of the glass water bottle, and this one from VOSS is a current favourite. The design is simple, sturdy and stylish. Best of all, these guys are cheap and cheerful too. No need to run out to Lululemon for an expensive glass bottle – you can pick up VOSS water in most large supermarkets to keep and refill the bottle.
- RMS Beauty Uncover-Up: I was on the hunt for a natural, organic foundation when I realised that my RMS Beauty Uncover-Up concealer was actually the perfect product for the job. The ingredients in RMS beauty products cannot be beat – and the RMS Uncover-Up is no exception. Based on healing coconut, castor seed, cocoa and jojoba oils, the consistency is creamy and hydrating. I find the best method is to dot the product around the face and then press in with a damp beauty blender. The result is sheer, dewy coverage. Personally, this is how I love my foundation to look. If your skin is oily, I’d recommend finishing with a powder, however those of us with dry skins will enjoy this product as-is!
- Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick: Hands down, our best natural lipstick find so far! Bite Beauty uses all food grade ingredients, and our pick is the shade Pecan from the Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick line. Pecan is a great warm-toned neutral that suits a wide range of skin tones (even the very fair). The shade is very Kylie Jenner-esque and highly comparable to MAC’s highly popular Velvet Teddy, however slightly less matte and much more comfortable on the lips. In fact, this has to be the creamiest lipstick we’ve ever tried! In Australia, we recommend picking this up online at Beautiful Because.
- Another find from RMS Beauty: After hearing mixed reviews about the RMS Beauty Eye Polishes, I thought I’d test the waters and see what the fuss was about! I started with the shade Solar (burnt gold pictured below – bottom centre), and quickly added the shades Karma and Imagine (top left and right) to my collection. I don’t care what they say – I love these cream shadows! The colours are richly pigmented, multi-dimensional and impart an ethereal shine to the lids. Perfect for lazy, one-shade-all-over-the-lid eye looks.
However, a word of warning: the RMS Beauty Eye Polishes are based on coconut oil, and so they are bound to crease. If eyeshadow creasing really bothers you, I’d say stay away from these. Personally, I can deal with a bit of creasing. That being said, I think the extent to which the RMS Beauty Eye Polishes crease or fade depends largely on eye shape, and whether you are prone to oily lids. I have a large mobile lid and skin on the drier side, so I find any creasing to be minimal and not that noticeable. I also am prone to eczema on my eyelids (which I’m addressing by healing my gut), and find the ingredients in these shadows to be especially soothing and protective on irritated skin.
- Diffusing essential oils has been a big favourite of ours lately. Essential oils are known for their balancing and healing benefits, and are often used to help in managing stress. Diffusing essential oils really enhances the energy of a room and can help with winding down at the end of a long day. Some of our favourite oils are lavender for calm and relaxation, and orange and bergamot for uplifting energy. There are so many great diffuser designs available, which makes them a joy to look at too!
- Jewellery-wise, we’re all about the (tasteful) crystals! There’s a fine line to tread when it comes to crystal jewellery. We’ve found that many pieces cross the line from tasteful and minimal into hippy / crafty territory! This is why we love these handmade pieces by @sandycoconutcrystals at Byron Bay (her instagram pictured below). These are beautiful, unique pieces that lend some boho-chic vibes to any outfit. We particularly love her quartz and lapis lazuli creations.
- On Instagram, we’ve discovered two accounts: @thefarmbyronbay and @grownandgathered. There are no words for some of these posts! What you’ll find in these feeds are lot of happy pastured chickens, pigs and snaps of farm life. Here are some of our favourite recent posts:
What are you currently loving? We want to know!