Simple Green Smoothie
It may be coming into winter in Australia, but we love a good green smoothie. Before the warm weather disappears completely, we thought we’d share a simple, everyday green smoothie that’s great for cooling down and amping up the day’s antioxidants.
(Makes enough for 2)
- 1 – 2 stalks of kale
- 1 green apple
- 1 small cucumber (or half of a big one)
- 250ml coconut water
- handful of ice cubes (optional)
- tablespoon raw cacao nibs (optional).
1. Wash your cucumber and apple, and chop them roughly. Wash and tear the kale leaves from the stalk.
2. Pile all ingredients into the blender. If you like a bit of crunch in your smoothie (we are a fan), add raw cacao nibs. If you don’t have any to hand, another good crunch ingredient is whole coffee beans.
3. Blend for 30 seconds, or as long as you need to fully break down that kale. Lumpy kale smoothie is not cool!
What’s your favourite smoothie? We’d love to know!